We are looking for a professional database developer or architect to support our team with all database-related tasks and functionalities, you will be working in a start-up comprised of a small but mighty team of professionals working towards delivering an ambitious e-commerce project, you will ideally have a strong grasp of PostgreSQL or MySQL database servers and/or their variants such as Microsoft or Oracle or RDS, it is vital that you have skills related to migration, merging, synchronizing and integrating data from various databases, it is also equally important to have worked with a team of developers as well in order to create large software products, ideally e-commerce applications. Lastly, it is necessary to have strong written and oral communication skills, be highly logical, self-motivated and have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Key Responsibilities and Functionalities:
- Design, implement, review and maintain databases in MySQL (MS-SQL or Oracle or RDS, etc.).
- Create models and databases from scratch.
- Work with both management and developers in order to translate business concepts and strategies into a well-defined tables and procedures.
- Be able to implement and maintain a database using stored procedures, queries and triggers, etc.
- Database and query performance tuning, security, maintenance and administration.
- Give design recommendations for database functions that meet business operating standards while improving the efficiency of business processes.
- Manage and administer large scale databases and be able to create disaster recovery plans.
- Document SQL/Data layer best practices.
- MS SQL Server 2012, 2017, 2019 and/or SQL Azure.
- ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) skills.
- Should have at least 5+ years of experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Ability to work with and understand structured and unstructured data and databases.
- It is helpful to have had 2+ years of experience in Server-Side Application development technologies in Python (Django), PHP (Laravel) C# or .NET technologies. (Desirable)
- It is helpful to have had experience working in E-commerce projects but not required (Desirable).
- DB performance tuning, backup/recovery, troubleshooting, and scalability/capacity planning.
- Experience and understanding of stored procedures, functions and indexes.