Senior Accountant / Chief Accountant
Responsible for the overall accounting activities (GL, AP, AR, FA, Payroll, Vat and Taxation, Project & Cost Accounting) for an SBU.
● Performing Accounts Ledgers activities through:
○ Supervise journal entries of the SBU to be in compliance with IFRS.
○ Post journal vouchers and batches for entry of financial transactions into the General Ledger (when needed).
○ Record/Review and post sub-ledger entries such as AP and AR, post payroll entries to GL and reconcile any differences.
○ Ensure the proper integration and generation of all accounting entries.
○ Ensure defining and maintaining a complete, accurate, up to date customer records.
○ Formulate monthly bank reconciliation.
● Manage the daily cash and bank transactions and advise the management regularly on the liquidity position.
● Supervise and approve the matching of invoices, purchase orders and receiving reports and investigate reasons for mismatches.
● Perform month-end closing process, including review of GL entries, preparing accruals and other closing journals as necessary.
● Prepare monthly financial statements, I.S, B.S, and C.F., analyze the same and report variances on actual vs. budget, monthly and up to date.
● Review trial balance, compose adjusted entries, mainly deferrals and accruals and post them to GL related accounts.
● Close periods after approving all journal entries and ensure that the periodic account closing activities are done on a timely and accurate basis.
● Ensure the proper recording and maintaining of fixed assets records (IAS 16).
● Ensure compliance with IFRS (particularly IFRS 10, 15, 16)
● Familiarity with IKTVA and its requirements.
● Perform year-end closing and ensure satisfying the requirements of the statutory auditor for the SBU.
● Familiarity with Cost Accounting methods particularly job order costing.
● Familiarity with applicable direct and indirect taxation in the Kingdom.
Qualifications and Experience
● BS Degree in Accounting.
● Practical experience in accounting of 5 years at least.
● ACCA/CPA/CMA preferred.
● Familiar with Accounting system (Orion) or any similar ERP systems.
● Fluent Arabic and English languages (Writing, Reading, Speaking).
● Preferably has an experience in Oil and Gas or chemical industry.