Design, develop, and take responsibility for the installation of ship machinery and related equipment including propulsion machines and power supply systems.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Create graphical representations of structures or landscapes.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Inspect equipment or systems.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Research advanced engineering designs or applications.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Devise research or testing protocols.Direct installation activities.Direct equipment maintenance or repair activities.
- Act as liaisons between ships' captains and shore personnel to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained, and that ships are operated safely and efficiently.
- Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Schedule operational activities.Prepare detailed work plans.Prepare contracts, disclosures, or applications.
- Perform monitoring activities to ensure that ships comply with international regulations and standards for life saving equipment and pollution preventatives.
- Monitor processes for compliance with standards.