Electrical Technician FOMC
ENGIE is global leading energy company that develops its businesses – Power, Natural Gas, Energy Services – around a model based on responsible growth to take on the challenges of the transition to a low-carbon economy: security of supply, the rational use of resources, access to sustainable energy and climate change. The Group provides governments, communities, cities and businesses with efficient and innovative solutions based on its expertise in four key sectors: independent power development, renewable energy, liquefied natural gas and energy efficiency services. ENGIE employs 153,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of EUR 63 billion in 2016.
ENGIE’s Business Unit for the Middle-East, South & Central Asia and Turkey (MESCAT,) headquartered in Dubai, has activities in large scale power generation and water desalination, gas retail & distribution, LNG and energy services for B2B customers. Leveraging on its strong positions, the BU is developing its presence in renewable energies, in the gas value chain and in energy efficiency services.
The Electrical Technician will report to the Electrical Foreman.
- To work in a multicultural team of Maintenance Technicians and apply specialist electrical expertise to carry out fault investigations, defect remedy, correction actions and carry out preventive maintenance, together with modifications on a range of plant.
- To ensure plant electrical equipment is maintained to maximize the reliability and availability of plant utilising Work Instructions documented in the Maintenance Management System (SAP), OEM guidelines and under the instruction of the Electrical Foreman.
- To assist the Electrical Foreman in ensuring that all electrical equipment is well maintained, and all notifications of planned and unplanned work are completed on time.
Safety at Work
- Ensures a safe working environment for himself, his colleagues and contractors while working on any equipment.
- Ensures that there is a Permit to Work for each job as necessitated by the safety rules and associated Procedures.
- Ensures all Method Statements Work Instruction and Procedures are followed by himself and Contractors while undertaking any work.
- Ensures that all appropriate tools are available to ensure work can be carried out safely on equipment on all jobs at the plant.
- Points out any unsafe conditions to the Electrical Foreman or Shift Team Leader.
Maintenance Task Planning and Execution
- Completes all Work Orders generated in CMMS (SAP) as directed by the Electrical Engineer.
- Ensures that maintenance of all electrical equipment is in accordance with OEM Manuals and best practises for the equipment.
- Works to full potential and produces high quality of work.
- Lead a work party in performing a maintenance activity or repair
- Equipment Failure Trouble Shooting and Repair
- Supports the 24-hour operation by being regularly available for call-out at short notice.
- Attempts all possible means of reducing equipment downtime and ensuring high Plant availability.
- Records and reports to the Electrical Engineer all rectification jobs undertaken.
Reporting and Planning
- Discuss planned and unplanned jobs undertaken with the Electrical Foreman.
Use of Tools and Equipment
- Ensures appropriate tools and equipment are available at work sites and used while performing any job.
- Ensures that tools are in a safe and in good working order before use.
- Reports loss of tools or damage to any tools to the Electrical Engineer.
- Informs the Electrical Engineer of any requirements for tools.
- Good electrical engineering foundation and practical knowledge of how it applies to modern power plant and desalination plant processes.
- Good knowledge on trouble shooting techniques and fault diagnosis
- Practical experience of maintaining a wide range of electrical equipment gained through hands on experience and formal training.
- Capable to ensure a safe working environment for himself and his colleagues while working on any equipment.
- Assume ownership of plant electrical equipment and strives to keep them in the best possible condition.
- Ability to carry out maintenance activities on a range of major engineering components and systems in accordance with OEM Manuals for the equipment.
- Organizing spares, tools and equipment to carry out maintenance activities.
- Performs troubleshooting activities as necessary to determine failure conditions and rectifies the defects found.
- Works with Plant Operations Personnel for resolving problems encountered with electrical equipment under the guidance of the Electrical Engineer.
- Be an active part of the maintenance team and help it to meet appropriate people and plant related performance measures.
- Ability to carry out duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and with multi-disciplinary staff.
- Practical knowledge of the isolation of plant.
- Knowledge of international health & safety working practices.
- Good command of English Language.
- Good understanding of cultural differences that exist and ability to manage.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Ability to be able to think clearly and respond calmly in emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain high levels of focused drive and energy, setting personally challenging goals.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To work with integrity and a friendly approach.
- Able to protect company confidentiality.
Essential Educational Qualifications
- An engineering related education to diploma level in Electrical.
Desirable Qualifications and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Previous employment will have provided experience at a similar level and status within the discipline of Electrical maintenance.
- Preferably should have practical knowledge and exposure of Combined Cycle Power Plant technology.
- Knowledge of protection and excitation system will be an advantage
- Trained in emergency fire fighting.
- First Aid trained.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Field: O&M
- Job Level: Without management
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full-time
- Primary Location: Saudi Arabia