Summary: Provides a range of administrative support services to promote efficient delivery of services for the unit staff. Maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment in coordination and scheduling activities, filing, document preparation. Manages a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Scheduling Activities: Manages and maintains schedules. Plans and coordinates special events such weekly/monthly departmental and company-wide meetings; Arranges international and domestic travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation and arranging lodging and meeting accommodations for all staff.
2. Documentation Preparation: Prepares and edit correspondence, communications, and Power Point presentations. Drafts and formats departmental communications and reports.
3. Communications: Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing calls and electronic communications on behalf of the direct supervisor. Serves as the first point-of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
4. Processing, Filing and Auditing: Sets up and maintains files and forms in compliance with legal guidelines. Processes invoices for the unit for submission to Finance for payment. Participates in compliance audits.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
· Organization, Planning, Coordination and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
· Writing and Editing: Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports and general documentation.
· Filling and Records Maintenance: Ability to file and maintain records.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
· Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of Oracle systems.
· Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
· Analysis and Sound Judgment: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
· Languages: Proven ability to write and speak Arabic and English language
· Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
· Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
· Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
· Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required competencies
· 4 years related experience, including experience in administration
· Prefer: Experience in medical companies
· Travel required (10% or less)
· Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer