REPORTS TO: Section Coordinator, Section Principal and Assistant directorJOB GOAL: To help each student develop competence in basic mathematical skills and an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each student to applymathematical understanding and skills in the solution of practical problems; to encourage students to develop their special talents in the field of mathematics; and to prepare students for the different math examinations.
Specific Job Description:
1. Teaches courses in mathematics to students using the JIS curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs students on rules, regulations and procedures of the school.
3. Adapts lesson plans and appropriate teaching aids stressing discovery learning methods.
4. Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models, whiteboard, overhead projector,calculators, and other teacher-prepared instructional aids.
5. Provides opportunities when needed for group and individualized teaching to adaptthe curriculum to the needs of each student.
6. Plans learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.8. Evaluates each student’s progress in mathematical knowledge and skills.
9. Communicates with parents and school counselors about the individual student’s progress.
10. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
11. Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the duty time.
12. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
13. Participates in student activities such as mathematics teams