Purpose of Job: We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels. Purchasing Officer responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers. Ultimately, you’ll create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.Responsibilities:
• Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
• conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
• Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department or G.M.• build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
• Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
• Track incoming inventory, delivery arrival time, and note actual arrival time
• Organize and update database of suppliers, delivery times, invoices, and quantity of supplies
• Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
• Ensure all deliveries contain all goods requested
• Collaborate with financial team members on contracts, invoicing, and other financial matters
• Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
• Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends Requirements