Retaj announces the availability of new position as "Academic Coordinator" for Kindergarten and lower grades section with an International School based in Jeddah.
Provides leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive curriculum and instructional program; plans, develops, organizes, and implements the policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to the school curriculum
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum, including educational resources, materials, strategies and assessments.
- Identifying best practices, priority setting areas and program evaluation.
- Cross-departmental collaboration to ensure educational tools and curricula meet the needs of all learners.
- Assist in the objective evaluation of both existing and innovative programs to evaluate the effectiveness of the materials and methodology used in the program and the educational growth of the learner.
- Works effectively with the staff to plan and implement professional learning experiences aligned to teachers and leaders.
- Responsible for designing and coordinating professional learning experiences in the area of responsibility assigned, including practices, systems and materials that affect student learning.
- Lead development, review and / or selection of educational materials for different purposes.
- Assist in managing budgets, contract negotiations, ordering materials, and / or distributing materials.
- Develop and implement appropriate assessments to provide data on student growth and achievement, including standard assessments and interventions
- Analyze performance data on evaluations to identify possible areas of focus within the curriculum and additional resources needed.
- Provide expertise, information and support to educational leadership leaders, school principals, teacher leaders and staff.
- Facilitate effective communication between teaching and learning and other local administrations, school principals, staff, parents and other stakeholders.
- Keep management departments informed of current critical issues and incidents that you should be aware of.
- Keep familiar with and up-to-date research and innovations, best practices in the profession and ensures that employees remain current.
- Four years effective experience at least
- Two years effective instructional leadership and/or adult learning leadership
Skills & Knowledge:
· Knowledge of research and best practices in teaching and learning
· Knowledge of teaching and learning processes.
· Ability to be a team player and collaborate with others inside and outside the circle on difficult and time sensitive projects
· Deep knowledge and understanding of education issues.
· Excellent presentation and speech skills
· Strong verbal and written skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google products and data boards
Preferable Nationality: Lebanese or Jordanian