The Senior Analyst, Corporate Business Development & Strategy position supports the company in a variety of strategic planning and new business development initiatives. Specific responsibilities include researching and evaluating potential business development deals; providing financial and strategic support in executing mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures; and assisting in the development of long-term strategy for the company divisions.
This is an ideal position for someone who is Working closely with senior management throughout the company. puts the Senior Analyst in a unique position to experience high level strategic decision-making first-hand and build meaningful working relationships with key executives.
· Work with the President and senior leadership to analyze external growth opportunities, including conducting due diligence and assessing potential acquisition/partnership opportunities
· Provides financial, analytical, and strategic support for evaluating potential M&A candidates and joint venture partners. This includes: developing detailed financial models for potential transactions, performing due diligence, preparing presentations for senior management, and coordinating with senior executives to support and execute transactions.
· Assess and benchmark financial performance and strategy of other retailers to understand pertinence to the company
· Prepares strategic analyses and recommendations to help develop long-term divisional strategy and evaluate new business initiatives. This includes: performing industry research and analysis, preparing business plans in conjunction with divisional management, assessing industry trends and competitive dynamics, and developing strategic company and industry overviews.
· Formulates presentations to share findings and recommendations for divisional and senior management critical to the decision-making process.
· Communicates findings and makes recommendations on issues under study.
· Establishes a collaborative relationship with partnered divisions.
· Exhibits and maintains a strong competitive knowledge of industry practices, trends and developments.
· Quickly grow in your career and prepare the company Companies for the future!
· Forecasting quarterly and annual profits
· Developing financial models through benchmarking and process analysis
· Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics and have a minimum of two years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Corporate Finance
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 OR if your school does not use GPA, must be in the top 20% of your class
· Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
· A critical thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze initiatives and financial projections
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
· Excellent skills in Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience in developing and maintaining acquisition models
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Ability to work effectively with senior management
· Ability to work with multiple business disciplines
· Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
· Excellent analytical skills
· Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts
· Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
· Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information
· BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
· Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus