Your day-to-day duties might include:
- basic treatments, like manicures and pedicures
- cleaning and filing nails
- applying false nails or extensions
- decorating nails with coloured varnish, transfers, gems or glitter
- repairing, looking after and removing false nails and extensions
- checking for any signs of skin or nail problems before treatment
You’ll also need to make sure that you use and store chemicals and varnishes correctly, use tools carefully and follow strict hygiene procedures. This is to prevent damage or infection.