Purpose of Job:
We are searching Production & Material Planner to add to our Supply Chain Team. Planners are responsible for ensuring timely delivery of raw materials to the plant to meet our production schedules, to maintain inventory level goals, interprets changing demand, material plans and balances material inventories with the needs of a high-speed facility. Our ideal candidate possesses knowledge and experience in Materials Planning manufacturing environment, and is a multi-tasker with above average problem solving capability.
General and Task Management:
· Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels.
· Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point in time.
· Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions.
· Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation
· Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
· Creates production schedule and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization.
· Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries.
· Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedule.
· Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet
production schedule and customer expectation.
· Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
· Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
· Utilize any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
· Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory Accuracy.
Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels.
· Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy.
· Minimize obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability.
· Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
· Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organization.
· To get information with internal team to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production.
· Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
· Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change.
· Engages interest and participation of others.
· Proactively contributes to the team.
· Is self-aware and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
· Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
· Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
· Experience of Production & Materials Planning ideally in the manufacturing environment.
· Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
· Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
· Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment.
· Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines.
· Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
· Project management skills.
· Excellent attention to detail skills
Qualifications – Experiences:
· Minimum 5 years of experience as Production & Material Planning.
· Good command on English reading, writing and speaking.