Medical representatives are directly link between medical and pharmaceutical companies and healthcare professionals. He/She work strategically to increase the awareness and use of a company’s pharmaceutical and medical products in settings such as general practices, primary care trusts and hospitals. They may also make presentations and organise group events for healthcare professionals, as well as working with contacts on a one-to-one basis.
Typical work activities involves contacting potential customers (in this case being the pharmacists), identifying their needs, persuading them that products or services can best satisfy those needs.
In particular activities include:
· Making presentations to pharmacists in the retail sector.
· Keeping detailed records of all contacts and reaching or exceeding targets;
· Planning work schedules - weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the Area Supervisor and Sales & Business Development Manager and discussing future targets.
· Reporting to the management on timely basis on a reporting format to be supplied by the management
· Regularly attending company meetings, clients technical data presentations and briefings;
· Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
· Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products;
· Maintaining knowledge of new developments in anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
· Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
· Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area;
Other duties assigned:
Initial training is intense as it involves incorporating product and medical knowledge as well as promotion and sales techniques.
Candidates need to show evidence of the following:
· excellent communication skills in verbal and writing;
· Good negotiations skills to deal with Medical and Healthcare Professionals;
· Effective time management, organization and multitasking skills
· Confidence, persistence, patience and self-motivation;
· Team player and should work well under pressure.
· Bilingual (English and Arabic) is a must
· Preferably Dentistry Graduate and/or Pharmacy Background
· Proficient in MS Office
· Driving License with own car / Having a driver