Qualified and experienced professional with nearly 10 years of experience in insurance information related to negotiation and placement of business maintaining detailed and accurate records related to reinsurer deals and relations. Skilled in performing audits including risk assessments/ system review for new and existing clients implementing amp documenting audit program tests for financial/ operational audits in compliance to internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) audit requirements. Expertise in identifying business, control and audit risks for setting up required audit procedures based on identified risks recommend remedial measures based on testing of internal control systems. Looking for a challenging role to apply professional competencies and industry knowledge and contribute to companyrsquos top and bottom-line.
• Played key role in implementing various reinsurance arrangements including treaty and facultative reinsurance protection for all classes of business written by the company.
• Actively involved in implementation of the company’s reinsurance program based on overall company’s objectives.
• Maintain regular interaction with the company’s underwriting and finance department as well as with local, regional and international reinsurance market based on business and operational requirements.
• Evaluate insurance proposals for assessing reinsurance applications by collating background information for ascertaining anticipated risks.
• Calculate possible risks for finalizing premium amounts for individuals and organizations, recommending re-insurance based on estimated risks.
• Negotiate terms with policy holders or brokers based on collated information and various types of reports acquired from diverse sources.
• Liaise with various internal and external teams prior to specifying conditions to be imposed on various types of policies.
• Research on insurance policies and negotiated with underwriters for identifying most suitable insurance policies for clients at the best price
• Customize insurance cover in complex cases based on approval by insurance underwriters, surveyors and
• Assist clients in understanding terms, extent of cover provided including making claims on policies aligned to industry regulations.
• Update business status to the senior management and other stakeholders using detailed reports and presentations to enable effective decision making.
▪ Coordinated with the Chief Auditor in implementing reviews of IBPO clients encompassing organizational and financial tasks activities to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness to business processes and international standards.
▪ Conducted audit fieldwork and reported audit findings with recommendations for effective remedial measures in coordination with audit head.
▪ Assessed performance of the internal control section and implemented process improvement initiatives for
enhancing organizational control parameters.
▪ Participated in verification of sample audit records for marking audit trials, conducting enquiries and other analytical procedures.
▪ Prepared and presented various status reports for the senior management and other stakeholders to enable effective decision making.
December 2010 to February 2014: Audit and Risk Review Group (ARR) Auditor, Operations & Standards – In
accordance with ARR’s audit methodology consistent with IIA standards:
▪ Conducted audit and special reviews of Samba’s businesses, including Samba Capital’s investment activities, covering both organizational and functional activities in compliance to ARR’s audit methodology.
▪ Involved in various audit fieldwork and reported audit findings with recommendations for effective remedial
▪ Consolidated and evaluated financial statement prior to preparation of annual report of the organization in
compliance to organizational policies and procedures.
May to December 2010: Management Associate / Trainee
▪ Completed Samba’s Professional Programme (SPP), covering: - Personal development courses/workshops
including intensive banking operations and retail/consumer banking core courses and professional hands-on job training.
▪ Assessed credit cards transactions to capture fraud transactions by using the bank's facilities and software and delivered reports about counterfeit activities to senior management.
June 2003 – August 2003 & June 2004 - August 2004: Customer Service Representative
▪ Interacted with existing clients to sell benefits of E-banking services and assessed customer behaviour reports in a multi-task environment and applied more applications in many branches.