I am an energetic, ambitious person who has developed a mature and responsible approach to any task that I undertake, or situation that I am presented with. I have strong technical skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills. I am eager to be challenged in order to grow and improve my knowledge, training and experience in Public Health and Environment Sectors.
Trained at HMG as a Hazmat Safety Officer.
My duties and responsibility are :
- Inspects Hospital facilities for compliance with environmental health and safety regulations; advises users of the proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Develops and conducts new employee training programs in the areas of infectious wastes, hazard communication, and other hazardous substances.
- Advises management on potential hazardous materials and makes recommendations as required.
- Maintains records such as hazardous and non-hazardous waste manifests and associated documents.
- Responds to hazardous materials spills such as oil, acid, and mercury; implements clean-up plan.
-Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Apply professional, technical and managerial expertise to evaluate the impact of environmental contamination on public health.
Activities include investigating and assessing human exposure to hazardous chemicals, evaluating remedial activities, and communicating health assessments.
Interpret complex environmental and health data and recognize the issues and concerns of government agencies and members of the public.
Responsible for investigating incidents that affect health such as pollution, accidents at work, noise control, toxic contamination, pest infestations, food poisoning and waste management. My duties and responsibilities includes advisory work, education and law enforcement. A large amount of time is spent away from the office visiting properties such as farms, shops, food outlets, private/public accommodation, commercial premises, manufacturers and industrial organisations. In addition to inspections,
gathering samples to be tested
serving legal notices
providing evidence in court
liaising with other organisations