A highly experienced international energy underwriting head that has built and executed international market expansion strategies from the ground up. Consistently ranked in the top 10 of global annual performance rankings throughout career due to expert underwriting, risk management, loss prevention, and commitment to customer satisfaction. A motivational trainer and process improvement champion that has mitigated tens of millions of dollars in potential losses.
Throughout my 16-year career, I have established a reputation as a transformational leader who is driven by challenge, undeterred by obstacles, and committed to furthering standards of excellence. My expertise encompasses all aspects of underwriting management, including underwriting review, business development, risk management amp compliance, and business generation. Further, my ability to build consensus among executive teams and stakeholders to promote transparency and influence positive change has been repeatedly proven. I look forward to bringing these strengths and more to a new team.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications
middot A sixteen year underwriting career with Global A-level underwriting authority including experience leading global energy underwriting departments delivering tens of millions of dollars in cost savings by preventing potential losses by creating new business processes.
middot Extensive success orchestrating comprehensive underwriting reviews to achieve greater underwriting consistency and more balanced portfolios.
middot An extensive portfolio of advanced insurance underwriting and risk management training/certification.
Highlights of Expertise
Underwriting Reviews with A-Level Authority
Risk Management amp Compliance
New Business Planning
P amp L Accountability
Process Redesign / Change Management
Staff Development Programs
Client Relationship Management
Analytical problem solving
MENA amp GCC Insurance Industry In-Depth Knowledge
Downstream Refining amp Petrochem
Upstream Oil amp Gas Exploration, Drilling, Production, and Control of Wells
Safety Management Systems
Head a senior underwriting organization responsible for 400+ global accounts in the energy sector. Set the international business generation strategy focused on capitalizing on strategic country and territory opportunities.
Direct the refinement of underwriting guidelines, risk management, claims processing, HR, marketing, and long-term department business strategy. Entrusted by global executive leadership with A-level underwriting authority with $30M downstream and upstream capacity. Lead a seven-person underwriting team across two branches and one risk engineer.
• Motivated the organization to achieve 144% growth in gross written premium (GWP).
• Positioned the department for growth by identifying 100+ potential new business accounts.
• Elevated the company reputation as an internationally renowned energy upfront-capacity provider for both downstream and upstream, from a Middle East retro-capacity provider only.
• Coached the department through challenges related to turning the combined ratio to profitability from a previous negative point.
• Saved $10M in losses by transforming underwriting and risk engineering processes which also improved turnaround time to 48 hours for highly complex risks.
• Achieved a top performance ranking.
Earned second promotion entrusted with managing the MENA portfolio and a $20M budget, and empowered Global Energy Key team member with A-level underwriting authority for downstream and upstream.
Relied upon as the Energy sector subject matter expert for regional underwriters globally. Directed a seven-person underwriting team across three branches. Spearheaded the creation of underwriting models and elevated underwriting review effectiveness to attain greater consistency in underwriting decisions with a more balanced portfolio.
• Managed the underwriting peer review process globally with A-level authority and up to $200M underwriting capacity for downstream and upstream.
• Saved $75M in losses and increased GWP to $20M from $15M by creating and implementing smart underwriting models and risk engineering processes following an in-depth underwriting reviews of the downstream and upstream portfolio.
• Consistently ranked in the top 10% of employees globally.