Solution Architect (Payments, Cards, Integration, Risk, Data)
Experience: 10+ years relevant experience in IT industry
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall technical responsibility for all card aspects ensure we meet our client contractual obligations and aspirations to deliver innovative payment solutions, globally and at scale
- The ideal candidate will bring their technical, relationship, and payments experience to the team, helping define, design, integrate, test, document, commercialise, manage and evangelise our solutions.in the customer’s environment
- Translate client’s business strategies and objectives into an overall solution approach and roadmap that is used to determine the solution and functionality can be implemented, on a committed timeline and budget.
- Collect use cases, customer stories, and product requirements to clearly articulate desired features, functionality and gaps.
- Design “Card Present” & “omni-channel” solutions based on a detailed understanding of a client's strategic priorities, business requirements, and technical capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership on all payments and commerce-related matters.
- Partner with Regional Solution Managers, and other Solutions Architects to collectively meet our client’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Client-facing commercial team, Client Engagement Manager, and Implementation Manager to own all technical payment related client deliverables, from inception to release.
- Manage client evolution for new launches including further solution design, training and operational processes for solution launches where appropriate.
- Engage Product Managers, Sales Engineers, Developers, Product Support, Partners and External vendors on solution scoping and business case creation for all net new development.
- Design payment flows and business processes working with Product Management and Partners to understand product gaps and timescales for delivery. This includes providing input into the creation and maintenance of client product documentation and client implementation plans.
- Create and review implementation and certification test cases.
- Debug complex integration and production issues should the need arise.
- Identifying and working with regional terminal distribution providers, to ensure they meet country and client specific requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Proven experience as an app architect
- Advanced understanding of banking, payment card systems, payment methods and merchant acquiring and processing
- Proven experience with ISO8583, ISO20022 and AS2805
- Impressive EMV knowledge and experience.
- Detail knowledge and experience around EMV certification and certification processes.
- A good understanding of software development and best practices.
- Basic Java or .Net development experience to build/run basic test harnesses.
- Demonstratable experience in ecommerce, mobile and point-of-sale technologies is preferable.
- Highly preferred to have an understanding of Fraud Management, Security, PCI, Product Management and Marketing Principles.