Service delivery Specialist focus on maintaining good relationships with clients and suppliers and improving the company's services to keep them satisfied by helping resolve technical problems, track delivery performance and control the quality of delivery, in addition to maintaining a medium level of interaction with clients.
A service delivery Specialist's role focuses on keeping clients satisfied with the company's services through managing projects, fixing any reliability issues, tracking service metrics, helping lead the suppliers responsible for getting services delivered to clients. Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Must be able to develop, coordinate and control multiple process and or projects, achieving on time contracting services to satisfy the operating requirements of the Company.
- Delivery of regular status reports for Customer as well as internal management
• Service delivery
- Ensuring that service agreements get met through assisting with contract obligations.
- Coordinate the requirements and delivery of project works and change requests
• Reporting and Control
- Managing all aspects of the contract process which includes maintaining the intake queue, initial review for scope, priority and assignment.
- Resolve troubleshooting technical issues
• Communication and follow-up
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with customer representatives as well as 3rd parties and suppliers
- Align with Service delivery manager to arrange for customer service review meetings, workshops and presentations to support collaborative issue resolution, service improvements.
• Risk & Gap analysis
- Ability to analyze gaps and risks in supply and delivery chain and see interdependencies between various provisions and the underlying business proposition.
- Keep a positive relationship with clients, warehouses and suppliers
• Review & approve
- Responsible and accountable for the management of day-to-day operations to ensure contractual commitments and service levels are met
- Ensure timely coordination with alternative products to replace all main products that were failed to be delivered.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
• 3+ years’ experience in negotiation, revision, and finalization of simple and complex contracts.
• Excellent English written and communication
• Extremely comfortable with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Work Comfortably in a supplier follow up Environment
• Training in formal settings and informally through ongoing services in best service handling and delivery principles.
NUPCO is the largest value-driven and centralized health care procurement, re-exporting, warehousing and distribution company for pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and supplies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Founded in 2008 and fully–owned by Public Inves ...
A Supply Chain of Value
NUPCO is the largest value-driven and centralized health care procurement, re-exporting, warehousing and distribution company for pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and supplies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Founded in 2008 and fully–owned by Public Inves ...Read More