Note: Need a person who can transfer their iqama. Candidates must be bilingual (Arabic and English). Local experience is preferable.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Finance Department Manager Position
- Under direction of the Finance Department Manager, performs professional accounting work, including analyzing and verifying fiscal records and reports, preparing financial and statistical reports, providing information to staff regarding accounting practices and procedures, and reconciling general ledger accounts; coordination, preparation and consolidation of annual budgets; prepares periodic reports and schedules; performs other related work as required.
- The incumbent works with a fair degree of independence, with minimum supervision in performing accounting and financial activities for the company.
- Successful performance of the work requires good knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, and fiscal management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and accounting standards, applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform all activities related to identification, recording, analysis and management of the tangible and intangible fixed assets.
- Perform all activities related to identification and recording of the revenues in accordance with the revenue recognition practices and principles.
- GL Management, including various GL analysis and GL reconciliation.
- Manage the accounts receivable cycle.
- Manage the accounts payable cycle.
- Preparation and consolidation of the annual budget.
- Budget vs Actual variance analysis.
- Financial period closing.
- Preparation and presentation of periodic financial statements.
- Preparation of management reports as and when required.
- Supervise the maintenance of files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with standard accounting practices.
- Maintain and control prepaid accounts and advances such as insurance, employee loans etc.
- Assist the finance department manager in coordination and completion of annual external audit.
- Any other task assigned from time to time.
Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting or higher. Part or full qualified Accounting Certification (CA, CMA, CPA, ACCA) desired.
Experience: 5 Years or higher
- Generally accepted accounting practices and principles;
- International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Auditing practices and principles;
- Budgeting practices and principles;
- Computer applications related to the work;
- Standard office practices and procedures;
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations; and Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio‐economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Office with advanced level skills in MS Excel.
- Flexible and willing to adopt change.
- Excellent communications and inter‐personal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent presentations skills.
- Excellent Oral and written English Communication.