Stewards are responsible for maintaining high levels of cleanliness and organization. They perform a variety of tasks in order to do so, and are essential to the success of any culinary establishment. Stewards may also be involved in restaurant’s’ receiving and stocking processes.
- Operates kitchen machines (sink sprayers, glass crushers, trash compactors and sanitizers)
- Organize, sort and store all utensils
- Assisting in cleaning and opening or closing tasks.
- Scraping food from dirty dishes, pots, pans, plates, flatware, and glasses, washing dirty dishes, and putting them away.
- Assisting with sweeping, mopping, and polishing the restaurant, kitchen, and equipment.
- Transporting used linen to or from the laundry.
- Assisting with unloading and storing stock.
- Comply safety, health and hygiene policies and procedures