- Performing supervised ART service in accordance with the center’s policy and procedure.
- Assisting in the provision of training to junior embryology staff.
- Explaining to patients the various methods of ART when requested.
- Ensuring proper laboratory environment for daily ART work (cleanliness, asepsis, etc)
- Performing routine work daily and on weekends in the IVF laboratory according to set work rotation.
- Covering routine work of other laboratory staff when the latter is not available, on leave, or absent.
- Assisting the senior technologists and/or the Director of IVF laboratory maintain laboratory records and data for routine statistics.
- Assisting the senior technologists and/or the Director of IVF laboratory prepare reports.
- Performing patients’ oocyte retrieval, embryo transfer, IUI, semen analysis, testicular biopsy, and other relevant clinical procedures with the staff of the center.
- Assisting in the performance of supervised routine quality control procedures.
- Familiarizing himself/herself with all the equipment’s/instruments and maintain their proper function with the collaboration of the Biomedical Engineering Department.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of embryo physiology and culture.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in ART.
- Assisting in the conduct of approved research investigations and studies.
- .Assisting the senior technologists and/or the Director of IVF Laboratory ensure supplies of laboratory consumables and disposables.
- Performing any other duties when directed, assigned, or instructed by the senior technologists and/or the Director of IVF laboratory.
Completion of MSc degree in assisted reproductive technology or related reproductive laboratory science OR Completion of BSc in Medical Microbiology / Technology, Clinical or Reproductive Laboratory Science from an accredited institution approved by the SCHS.
- SCHS registration as an IVF Laboratory Technologist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification