1. Develop, implement and update the Legal Affairs function's standardized policies, objectives, and processes.
2. Develop, implement and update the Legal Affairs function's business plans, initiatives and budgets, while ensuring they are in line with the overall strategic objectives.
3. Prepare and communicate to the President the monthly performance reports for key legal activities and areas that require management attention.
4. Communicate and discuss the Legal function's guidelines and processes with employees to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are defined, communicated and understood.
5. Monitor adherence of CAYAN to the legal, compliance and control policies, processes and guidelines.
6. Monitor and communicate governmental laws and regulations affecting CAYAN.
7. Study the impact of applicable laws / regulations on CAYAN's business and recommend actions.
8. Provide legal advice on restructuring, acquisitions, mergers, and new opportunity development.
9. Assist in reviewing, negotiating and finalizing joint venture/strategic partnership agreements in regards to all legal processes.
10. Advise on legal aspects of CAYAN's financing regarding its real-estate developments, assessing and advising on current and future legal aspects of financing.
11. Oversee services provided by external legal service providers and third-party consultants including, but not limited to, outside attorneys, consulting firms, financers, contractors and others retained by CAYAN from time to time.
12. Provide legal and compliance advice on the application of law provisions, mortgage terms, contracts, claims, suits, grievances and claims.
13. Review and highlight any legal and compliance risk of CAYAN to the President on regular basis and propose mitigation plans.
14. Represent CAYAN before the grievance or any judicial authority in law suits filed against CAYAN in coordination with the President.
15. Develop standard contracts applicable for all aspects of CAYAN’s business and update general terms and conditions of CAYAN’s contracts and agreements.
16. Review CAYAN’s contracts and agreements to ensure conformity with laws and regulations.
17. Provide legal and compliance advice on procurement and construction contracts in addition to drafting and negotiating contracts and other commercial matters.
18. Coordinate with concerned functions to increase employees’ awareness of legal issues in CAYAN by organizing and conducting seminars and workshops.
19. Establish relationships with external legal advisors and law firms, which in turn will provide CAYAN with the necessary legal support.
20. Establish and maintain strong relationships with law enforcement agencies, ministries and other regulatory and legislative authorities.
21. Advise, report, and interact with the Board of Directors, President and branch CEO on all Legal matters, liabilities and exposures concerning CAYAN’s business.
22. Communicate and discuss the Legal function’s guidelines and procedures with employees to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are defined and understood.
23. Conduct annual performance appraisal to review the Legal Affairs employees’ performance, carry out disciplinary meetings when needed, recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions based on employee performance results.