ENGIE is global leading energy company that develops its businesses – Power, Natural Gas, Energy Services – around a model based on responsible growth to take on the challenges of the transition to a low-carbon economy: security of supply, the rational use of resources, access to sustainable energy and climate change. The Group provides governments, communities, cities and businesses with efficient and innovative solutions based on its expertise in four key sectors: independent power development, renewable energy, liquefied natural gas and energy efficiency services. ENGIE employs 153,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of EUR 63 billion in 2016.
ENGIE’s Business Unit for the Middle-East, South & Central Asia and Turkey (MESCAT,) headquartered in Dubai, has activities in large scale power generation and water desalination, gas retail & distribution, LNG and energy services for B2B customers. Leveraging on its strong positions, the BU is developing its presence in renewable energies, in the gas value chain and in energy efficiency services.
The I&C Foreman will report to the Lead I&C Engineer.
- To work in a multicultural team of Senior Maintenance Technicians and apply specialist C&I expertise to carry out fault investigations, defect and preventative maintenance, together with modifications on a range of plant.
- To ensure plant C&I equipment is maintained to maximize the reliability and availability of plant utilising Work Instructions documented in the Maintenance Management System (SAP), OEM guidelines and under the instruction of the Lead C&I Engineer.
- To assist the Lead C&I Engineer in ensuring that all C&I equipment is well maintained and all notifications of planned and unplanned work are completed on time.
Safety at Work
- Ensures a safe working environment for himself, his colleagues and contractors while working on any equipment
- Ensures that there is a Permit to Work for each job as necessitated by the safety rules and associated Procedures.
- Ensures all Method Statements Work Instruction and Procedures are followed by himself and Contractors while undertaking any work.
- Ensures that all appropriate tools are available to ensure work can be carried out safely on equipment on all jobs at the plant.
- Points out any unsafe conditions to the Lead C&I Engineer or Shift Team Leader.
Maintenance Task Planning and Execution
- Completes all Work Orders generated in CMMS (SAP) as directed by the Lead C&I Engineer.
- Generates reports as necessary for the maintenance work done.
- Ensures that maintenance of all C&I equipment is in accordance with OEM Manuals and best practices for the equipment.
- Reviews C&I Maintenance Procedures, suggests improvements and conducts RCA / trip analysis where applicable.
- Works to full potential and high quality of work.
- Responsible for testing / calibration of C&I systems and analyzing data
- Planning of planned and unplanned inspections of DCS, PLC, Meters, sensors and other I&C equipments etc
Equipment Failure Trouble Shooting, Diagnosis and Repair
- Supports the 24-hour operation by being regularly available for call-out at short notice.
- Attempts all possible means of reducing equipment downtime and ensuring high Plant availability
- Performs troubleshooting activities as necessary along with the Lead C&I Engineer and colleagues to determine failure conditions and rectifies the defects found
- Records and reports to the Lead C&I Engineer all rectification jobs undertaken.
- Works with Plant Operations Personnel for resolving problems encountered with C&I equipment under the guidance of the Lead C&I Engineer.
Reporting and Planning
- Discussed planned and unplanned jobs undertaken with the Lead C&I Engineer.
- Assists the Lead C&I Engineer in planning daily jobs, préparation of reports, control system updates and audits etc.
- Use of Tools (including software for PLC, DCS, Smart devices) and Equipment
- Ensures appropriate tools and equipment are available at work sites and used while performing any job.
- Ensures that tools are in a safe and in good working order before use.
- Reports loss of tools or damage to any tools to the Lead C&I Engineer;
- Informs the Lead C&I Engineer of any requirements for tools and diagnostic software.
- Good C&I engineering foundation and practical knowledge of how it applies to modern power plant and desalination plant processes.
- Practical experience of maintaining a wide range of C&I equipment and control systems gained through hands on experience and formal training
- Capable to ensure a safe working environment for himself and his colleagues while working on any equipment.
- Assume ownership of plant C&I equipment and strives to
- keep them in the best possible condition.
- Ability to carry out maintenance activities on a range of major engineering components and systems in accordance with OEM Manuals for the equipment.
- Organizing spares, tools and equipment to carry out maintenance activities.Performs troubleshooting activities as necessary to determine failure conditions and rectifies the defects found.
- Works with Plant Operations Personnel for resolving problems encountered with C&I equipment under the guidance of the C&I Engineer.
- Be an active part of the maintenance team and help it to meet appropriate people and plant related performance measures
- Ability to carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and with multi-disciplinary staff
- Practical knowledge of the isolation of plant.
- Knowledge of DCS, PLC, smart devices – experience in SPPA T3000, Hima PLC is an advantage
- Knowledge of ladder logic
- Knowledge of international health & safety working practices
- Computer literacy
- Good command of English Language
- Good understanding of cultural differences that exist and ability to manage.
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to be able to think clearly and respond calmly in emergency situations;
- Ability to maintain high levels of focused drive and energy, setting personally challenging goals.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To work with integrity and a friendly approach.
- Able to protect company confidentiality.
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Degree / Diploma in Electronics/Control & Instrumentation Engineering/or Equivalent.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Field: O&M
- Job Level: Without management
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full-time
- Primary Location: Saudi Arabia
- Saudi National - SAR12,000 plus accommodation Allowance
- Expat - SAR6,000 plus accommodation