Review all claims with suppliers. Understand the volumes and trends of issues and what contributes to them. Analyze the data to understand what corrective actions need to be taken. Understand whether the countermeasures implemented will bring products produced back into acceptable tolerances as quickly as possible. Understand cause and effect of taking corrective actions and their effectiveness to deliver returns back into target in order to make recommendations to Senior Management.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To lead and monitoring quality and warranty management process.
2. To develop returns procedures and manuals.
3. To lead the reliability improvement process producing performance reports against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as required.
4. To provide and manage a framework for the returns, customer concerns and the company problem solving/root cause analysis system.
5. To communicate fault and liability information to the relevant internal and external suppliers in order to obtain robust interim and permanent corrective actions aimed at warranty prevention and cost reduction.
6. To review suppliers’ processes and manufacturing procedures. Challenge suppliers where necessary. Where appropriate negotiate liability with the supplier and ensure they implement corrective actions.
7. To lead supplier evaluation audits to determine their capability to meet production requirements.
8. To conduct detailed trend analysis of warranty return parts, claims, costs and exposure going forward to determine corrective and preventative actions to support both Production and Supplier.
9. To ensure lessons learned from warranty analysis are communicated across all product/customer platforms ad captured on new projects.
10. To keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality.
11. To undertake special projects as required.
12. To contribute to continuous improvement activities.
13. To achieve goals within budget.
14. To conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
15. To plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented.
16. To make sure that the operations employees understand the processes and follow up.
Qualifications and Preference
§ Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred.
§ Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
§ Experience of working in Quality Assurance
§ 3 to 5 years of experience.
§ Language: English, Arabic
§ Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
§ PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
Job title Process Control Engineer
Reports to The title of the sales and operations head
Grade / Job level Mid- Senior level
§ Initiative and Creativity skills
§ Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
§ Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of divisional management
§ Knowledge of quality systems