The Job Role:
This role responsible for overseeing and managing company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, they play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors
The role is responsible to manage the central warehouse, distribution center warehouses, and fleet or transportation in the most efficient and effective manner. Develop the Warehouse Management Systems WMS, increase the storage capacity in all WHs and measure the labor cost and recommend solutions to reduce it and increase productivity and performance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· To develop & Implement best practice warehousing principles, policies and processes
· To prepare and thereafter achieve the annual Warehousing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
· To control damages by ensuring compliance to stacking norms and defined material handling process.
· To identify any systems improvements and drive through recommendations for change.
· To ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained, fit for purpose and working at full installed capacity.
· To provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are always understood and practiced by the team
· To drive a zero-tolerance mindset for deviation from the use of quality processes to ensure customer deliverables are met fully.
· To ensure the warehouse layout is maximized efficiently, including proper slotting of inventory; ensuring proper maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas for the safest working environment
· To ensure that inventory is received appropriately and efficiently, and processed in a timely and safe manner by following established procedures; manage through Team Members to ensure product is picked accurately; pick locations are at full capacity, and dispatched on time
· To drive continuous improvement and maximize efficiency gains to reduce overall costs; maintain a strong working relationship with management team and other related corporate partners; and regularly communicate with the facility management on issues that arise and be able to react as required.
· To ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly reports to the Corporate Offices are 100% accurate and delivered on time; address inventory shrink issues; and implement measures to effectively control inventory
· To review transportation carrier performance and make recommendations accordingly
· To develop the Warehouse Management Systems WMS,
· Other related duties as assigned.