ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the development of the e-commerce business model, vendor management and the continued revenue growth for the assigned territory/accounts. The Business Development Manager will ensure the execution of revenue and design wins for the business. This individual must be able to function strategically and thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
▪ Know the customer: Deeply understand customer behavior, develop new customer insights.
▪ Own the business: Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them.
▪ Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
▪ Know the competition: Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure the marketplace selection stays well ahead of competition.
▪ Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required.
▪ Understand SEM, SEO and E-mail marketing identify the right keywords, reduce SEM costs while increasing conversions of website visits to orders.
▪ Execute omni-channel digital plans by collaborating with Customer Marketing, Agency, Sales, Brand, Legal and Media teams.
▪ Develop deep and long-standing relationship with the vendors - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical.
▪ Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc.
▪ Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties.
▪ Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category.
▪ Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long-term trends
▪ Have an in-depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market.
▪ Develop and implement industry best practices. Move the industry with you.
▪ Performance management reporting; must have extensive knowledge of analytics platforms and ad serving tools such as Doubleclick, Atlas, Google Analytics, Web Trend, Media Planning, CMS, and TMS solutions.
▪ Work with marketing to identify the best RoI initiatives to build awareness and encourage trial across channels SEM, SEO, TV Commercials, etc.
Selection and Offers
▪ Work with teams to get the best possible selection & sellers onboarded.
▪ Own cost improvement and overall portfolio management
▪ Manage in store promotions along with brands - make brands partners in customer communication
▪ Make the marketplace the destination of choice for the customers through the largest and the greatest assortment of products on offer
▪ Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers.
Fulfilment and Inventory:
▪ Key driver of working capital management and inventory - ensure an optimal
▪ Develop and manage a fulfilment strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with the optimal cost and service.
▪ Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
▪ Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals
1. Educational background Graduation, MBA is preferred
2. Knowledge of Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus.
3. Desire and ability to think like the customer
4. Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
5. Highly analytical
6. Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
7. Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
8. Strong understanding of technology and business
9. Must be willing to learn
10. Ability to connect with people across teams & levels