• Good experience with SAN infrastructure management, enterprise storage and data
warehouse platforms, and cutting-edge technologies involving grid, auto-tiering,
heterogeneous disk pooling, and high-performance storage arrays;
• Solid hands-on experience with EMC Storage technologies including EMC VNX, MDS,
VPLEX, RecoverPoint, Data Domain, Avamar, Sync IQ & Unity arrays.
• Ability to work across teams and disciplines to see complex problems from initiation to
• Expert troubleshooter with a highly developed ability to resolve difficult problems with
salable and maintainable solutions.
• Extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies and operational norms
across both storage and systems technologies, in depth knowledge of networking
technologies a plus.
• Detail oriented with thorough systems documentation and reporting skills.
• Experience with virtualization, Microsoft, Linux, EMC, Cisco SAN and replication
technologies required; Out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to resolve complex problems.
• Extensive scripting experience not required, but strongly desired.
• Compute virtulization working knowledge will be pluse.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
• At least three 5 years’ experience with SAN / NAS Storage solutions, to include one or
more of the following.
• Experienced in Hyper Converged Infrastrcutrue.Demonstrated Network backup
(Netbackup, TSM, Commvault, etc) skills.
• Experience with Fiber Channel SAN architecture/Design/Implementation
• Demonstrated architecture, implementation, and migration experience with EMC storage
• Experience with emerging technologies such as flash arrays and hybrid.
• Experience with Cisco and Brocade SAN switches as it relates to a SAN
• Experience with hypervisors such as vSphere and Hyper-V.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Performnce troubleshooting and logical reasoning with the IT systesm.
• Storage Based Replication technology (Global Mirror/SRDF/SnapMirror/RecoverPoint,
• Manufacturer certifications (Cisco, EMC, etc.).
• Storage subsystem implementation experience on EMC arrays.
• Unisphere, PowerPath, AppSync and other EMC software experience