Chef de partie Job Description:
1. Before opening:
- Become familiar with equipment, utensils, menu and colleagues.
- Recipe testing and feedback.
- Assume station as designated by senior management. Produce assigned menu items for mock clients, and perform other related job tasks as assigned by supervisor. (HACCP, cleanliness audits…)
- Cost Control and applying station portioning. Evaluating and reporting on reasons of variance.
- Participate in food preparation and production.
- Prepare menu section specified by Head Chef.
- Handle stock and ingredients inventory according to FIFO.
- Ensure implementation of SOP’s.
- Collaborate with staff as one team to create family atmosphere.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
- Trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Supervises demi chef de partie and commie in preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards.
- Inspect and supervise storage units and procedures according to local municipal instructions.
- Make sure all restaurant processes comply with local municipal instructions.
- Conduct opening and closing processes.
- Waste control and daily financial reporting to management.
- Insure Demi chef de partie and commie are familiar with all stations and can assume responsibility of any station whenever requested by following a daily training and rotation schedule.
- Train and guide demi chef de partie/Chef de partie daily while offering reports to management on topic.
- Respect colleagues and management. Is a good keeper of all kitchen assets.
- Controls reactions and emotions, team player, has fun, and resolves conflict responsibly by working with senior chef.