The Information Security Specialist is accountable for ensuring appropriate controls are in place for the security of information assets. The Information Security Specialist safeguards information by seeing that security risks are identified, assessed and accurately reported. Additionally, the Information Security Specialist is charged with ensuring local procedures and activities comply with all regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures, guidelines and standards. The Information Security Specialist is the center of competence for Information Security providing an advisory services role and acting as the focal point for security compliance related activities and responsibilities.Job Specifications
Required Educational Level
· Specify required degree(s) and its discipline(s).
o Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or information systems
· Specify preferred certification(s).
o Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
o CompTIA Security+
Required Experience and Knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities in Detail
· Develop Information Security Plans and Policies.
· Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
· Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
· Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
· Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
· Vulnerabilities testing.
· Penetration testing.
· Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls and batches.
· Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
· Maintains quality service by following organization standards
· planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data.
· Creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans
· Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
· Installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures
· Recommending security enhancements and purchases
· Monitor for Security Breaches
· Investigate Security Breaches
· Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
· Maintain SLA, System Availability, Capacity management, and Performance KPI
· Monitor the organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs
· Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
· Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches
· Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends
· Develop security standards and best practices
· Recommend security enhancements to managementTechnical Duties
· Specify duties that involve technical skillsAdministrative Duties
· Identify administrative work assigned to this job.
The Saudi Technology Development and Investment Company (TAQNIA) was established in June 2011 by Royal Decree to localize technology in Saudi Arabia and commercialize outputs of R&D centers. TAQNIA invests in technology that contributes towards Saudi Arabia's economic diversification. TAQNIA is ...قراءة المزيد