The Embedded Firmware Engineer is responsible for leading the architecture, development, and execution of embedded firmware design within the Advanced Development team. RPDC is seeking a highly motivated individual that is a self-starter and is passionate about designing elegant yet simple solutions for advanced, complex robotic systems.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of firmware and embedded software for the Advanced Development team.
• Work closely with Mechanical and Software Engineers to deliver highly integrated embedded solutions involving advanced motor control
• Validates designs through the process of prototyping, coding, and testing.
• Collaborates, communicates, and participates in design discussions and project planning with cross functional team members.
• Integrate, test, and debug firmware designs on the hardware platform.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• M.S/PhD. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related technical field.
• 3-5 years of prior experience as an individual contributor in a relevant engineering role.
• Excellent C/C++ programming and debugging skills on embedded systems.
• Experience with ARM based microprocessors and various communication protocols such as UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet/TCP-IP, etc.
• Familiarity interfacing a variety of sensors and reading datasheets.
• Experience with board bring up and system level debugging.
• Experience with debugging equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, logic analyzers, etc.
• Understanding of various aspects of sensors like lidars, cameras, and IMU
• Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
• Experience working in large code bases of mixed Python and C++ and Python extensions
• Ability to produce computationally efficient software that can meet real-time requirements
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience in Electro-mechanical Device Design Control for IEC 60601.
• Experience with FPGA SoC control and design.
• Experience with scripting languages such as with Python.
• Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
• Experience with continuous integration, deployment, and release management tools
• Proven system integration and software architecture skills
• Good working knowledge of robotics and surrounding systems
• Ability to work with low-level embedded hardware and high-level hardware system
• Experience with GUI development for engineering test applications.
The Saudi Technology Development and Investment Company (TAQNIA) was established in June 2011 by Royal Decree to localize technology in Saudi Arabia and commercialize outputs of R&D centers. TAQNIA invests in technology that contributes towards Saudi Arabia's economic diversification. TAQNIA is ...قراءة المزيد