''Responsible for the smooth running of the VP Business office to include handling all office & administrative functions by establishing work priorities, structure tasks and resolving problems thus alleviating the VP from supervising the routine day-to-day functions”
Optimise the use of personal time/effort and assigned work tools/resources in carrying out assigned duties, to ensure work meets agreed standards for timeliness and quality
- Organize, develop and maintain both manual and computerized office systems, procedures and information in the most up-to-date and cost effective way, in collaboration with ISD.
- Maintain appropriate record and filing systems both manual and computerized.
- Develop and maintain effective manual/computerized systems for the monitoring and control of relevant data that are needed by the office i.e. mailing lists, addressed directories
- Maintain effective records of office supplies and accessories
- Relieve the VP from the day-to-day administrative work so he can focus on his corporate strategic agenda.
- Organize meeting schedules of the VP with the head of the departments and follow up on the pending matters.
- Make and facilitate all management meetings & presentations
- Handle office telephone calls and screening the incoming mail addressed to the VP.
- Draft routine correspondence and memoranda so as to minimize the involvement of the VP of such matters.
- Keep the VP promptly and specifically informed of matters requiring his urgent personal attention and more generally of actions taken and developments with the office.
- Read, highlight and/or abstract written material for the VP so as to optimize the use of his time.
- Update the office manuals that include policies and procedures and systems.
- Follow up and feed back the VP on the Board, CEO and Executive Committee issues.
- When seeking higher approval for a course of action, ensures that alternative approaches have been thoroughly evaluated, and that the optimum proposed is soundly justified.
- Maintain the VP business and personal schedule with a methodical approach so as to achieve optimum scheduling of essential appointments and referral of non-essential appointments to others.
- Provide a courteous reception for visitors to the office.
- Handle relevant community & charitable activities and personal matters for the VP at his request in liaison with the CEO office.
- Ensure proper travel arrangements for the VP, which might include hotels, tickets and VIP arrangements.
- Establish; gain approval for budgets needed for the fulfillment of the office of the VP objectives.
- Ensure proper handling of the VP personal accounting and expenses.
- Ensure the effective guidance and motivation of subordinates as applicable.
- Consciously devote adequate personal time to the counseling and development of line/functional subordinates/junior employees, with the aim of improving both individual and departmental activities.
- Encourage, participate, and take pleasure in teamwork, with subordinates and colleagues, as an aid to greater Group effectiveness and higher morale.