Explore the market to search and specify best technologies to handle scrap activities. Utilization of specialized equipment’s and skilled personnel best technic and engagement in the scrap service activities. Correct and advise the scrap personnel for any deviations from the existing work instructions and procedures.
- Support the Manager in the field of planning, scrap receiving, segregation, processing, handling and overall development in scrap activities.
- Review stock position and order and deliver status through the Manager.
- Engage to ensure that all necessary feedstock and equipments are available to maintain the production lines.
- Advice on the suitability of scrap for purchase forecasts requirements and prepares budgets.
- Preparation of scope of works for external services and monitoring of internal notification status and progress.
- Assist the section manager and guide the team to comply with all Governmental and Company rules and management directives, regulations and policies that relate to SHEMS and meeting of departmental objectives.
- Ensure that all necessary communications from Management reaches to all subordinates.
- Discuss the scrap services performance with production plans and contribute to the development of the appropriate corrective actions for problems identified. Advice to develop operating capabilities of Scrap Services personnel through monitoring of job performance and identification of training needs.
- Monitor the performance to achieve the departmental target for offloading, segregation and transportation of scrap deliveries and charging of processed scrap to furnaces as per agreed layouts.
- Prepare annual budget plans for feed stock, specialized equipment and skilled manpower services.
- Expert advice to purchase of scrap materials quantities and qualities. Review stock position and order status with SBU/SABIC Strategic Purchasing through section Manager.
- Assist the Senior Staff in preparing and proposing capital equipment budgets against forecast work load, consistent with the expected scrap targets.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as requested by section Manager
- Liaise directly with Managers/Shift Supervisors, Engineers, Refractory and Scrap/Slag Supervisors/ Led Operator, to coordinate for scrap handling operations.
- Assist with the continual improvement of the Quality System by implementing and participating in process improvement initiatives in relative areas.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree - BS. with 2 years’ experience.
- Diploma with relevant experience of 5 years.
- Below diploma with relevant experience of 7 years.