We are building an “Uber for Trucks” marketplace platform. We promise our vetted drivers and ensure they find trips on their empty miles while digitizing the entire trucking network for customers, making their shipments easier to haul and providing transparency into availability and price. We are establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers to automate the logistics industry. Now we need a literate software engineering team to help us build the first MVP for our marketplace platform.Tech Stack: OAuth2/JWT/SSO, Google Firebase, Google Cloud, GPS/GSM API (Google/Open Maps), ReactJS/redux, JIRA, GitLab, CI/CD, Unit & Integration Testing Frameworks, responsive HTML/CSS, webpack, docker, nodejs/npm, MongoDB
Senior Software Engineer - Backend Architecture
Required qualificationExperience and skills that are important for success in this role:
- Expert level in Object Oriented architecture and Call and Return architectures
- Advanced skill and experience in Architectural Design Patterns.
- Experience building MVP’s, with demonstrated projects on GitHub or StackOverflow.
- Experience with no-SQL databases.
- Background in Architecture and API development. (Specialization in Architecture).
- Experience writing and deploying production code
- Experience building and working with data pipelines
- Google Cloud Knowledge is a plus.
- Google Firebase knowledge is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behaviours
Bonus Points: You’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft.
- At least four (5) years of software engineering experience
- Experience as a developer, writing code for highly scalable software systems
- Proven experience designing and deploying high performance, highly scalable production services with extensive monitoring and logging practices
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot production issues
- Experience with API development & building microservices
- Capacity to understand and evaluate tradeoffs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time.
- Experience building geospatial services and datasets, such as maps data, traffic patterns, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple levels of an organization
Required Minimum Educational Qualifications:4+ BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Masters Degree in Software Engineering
Preferred specialization architecture