We are looking for a senior front-end developer to undertake the UI part of a large e-commerce application for a well-funded start-up, you will be responsible for designing UI and bringing designs to life using the latest frameworks or libraries, you will have a 4+ years of experience working as a front-end developer and commercial experience of creating user-friendly UIs.
● Own the digital and Omni channel user experience across all platforms for customer facing and internal tooling products.
● Work with the product team to translate business and product strategy into working solutions, and lead the UX process from concept to completion for all digital and Omni channel experiences.
● Define and manage the UX standards and guidelines for existing and future products through documented visual strategy, processes and style guides.
● Create wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity designs to be used for usability testing, presenting solutions to stakeholders and into production.
● Help to serve as the voice of the customer and ensure that the customer is central to everything we do.
● Perform discovery research to understand customer needs, behaviors and expectations. This includes data analysis, competitor research, surveys, customer interviews and usability testing.
● Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to facilitate discussions and guide the decision making process to meet project objectives.
● Work closely with technology and testing to ensure that development outputs adhere to the designs you put forth.
You have worked as a user experience designer for 2 to 5 years.
● Can provide a professional portfolio that showcases your skills and ability to solve problems, including a demonstrable record of impact to growth and product improvement.
● Strong familiarity with current web, mobile, and application design trends.
● You are a passionate creative with a curious mind and an innate desire to constantly learn, improve and hone your skills.
● A team player who is humble and able to self-reflect. An open communicator with a genuine interest in the welfare and upliftment of others.
● Have a genuine interest in customer behavior and the psychology behind product design.
● Have exceptional attention to detail.
● Able to rapidly produce concept designs and prototypes.
● Hold a Bachelor's Degree, or similar qualification in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field.
● High proficiency in a variety of relevant tools including Figma, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, etc.
● Knowledge or experience in any of the most popular front end development languages and technologies is a strong advantage.
● In-depth knowledge of SEO and ASO and ability to build optimal solutions to facilitate these.