The project Manager is responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines needed to complete a project. The Project Engineer works to plan projects, establish project criteria, coordinate project reviews, and ensure the proper implementation of project elements.
Duties and responsibilities
- To complete engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- To review and make detailed draws, site analysis, and shop specs.
- To develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- To determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- To be taking accountability of pricing and BOQ including material specs, contractors, and selection of quotations.
- To determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- To complete technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- To confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- To determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- To maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- To control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- To control project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- To prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- To maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- To maintains project data base by writing computer programs, entering and backing up data.
Qualifications and Preference
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in several civil projects
- AutoCAD/ PMP/ Microsoft project/ Etap/ Primavera
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Technical know-how
- Documentation skills
- Safety management
- Leadership skills
- Analytical Skills
- PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point