Job Purpose: Safety Trainers needed to provide on-site instruction as well as training in OSHA & NASP courses.
- Training and instruction on various safety and (OHS) policies and programs
- Advising on various safety-related topics (Fire Fighting, first-aid etc.)
- Conducting risk assessment and enforcing preventative measures.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Initiating and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
Skills Job Requirements:
- Experience in health and safety training.
- Certification in the following courses:
- OSHA or NASP
- First Aid Course
- Safety management and related courses
- Machinery safety course
- Quality management