Job Title: Long Term HTML & PHP Developer for U.S. Tech Firm
InstaCraft is a growing company looking to change the world with an app that will improve fast access to high quality, affordable medicine. Our market size is huge. If we succeed, we will be a multi-billion dollar company that is improving millions of lives. We're backed by angel investors and venture capital. We can offer competitive salary plus equity options. We're dedicated to ensuring our company is filled with A Players. Here you'll be surrounded by the best people – people who will lift each other to new levels of achievement. Monthly personal development sessions, growing skill sets, and a whole lot of encouragement and creative thinking are all components of working at InstaCraft. The atmosphere here is intensely productive and growth-oriented. We are purpose-driven, socially conscious, and passionate about improving the communities we serve. Join us and rock the world. With InstaCraft you can make a difference.
• We have a delivery app, a driver app, a doctor app, and admin software. We're like the Amazon and Uber of Urgent, Affordable Medicine. If you are hired to as a permanent in-house developer, you will work alongside our other developers, simultaneously or consecutively with their shift. It’s important that you’ve had experience programming on a team, reducing code dependencies, resolving code conflicts, and making progress as part of an international team.
• 3+ years of beyond school, professional work experience in PHP and HTML.
• We're looking for someone who can help develop not only version 1.0 of our app but stay with us and build subsequent features that we have in mind for enhancing the app's network effects and competitive moat. We require someone who can work with us for at least 1 year. If you've never stayed in a job for 1 year, this isn't a good fit for you.
• As lead of a team or by yourself, in the past you should've built a complex website. You must be able to show us the app as proof of your abilities. We want to experience an app where you were the last developer to revise it. That will show us the quality of what you'll likely produce for us.
• Consistently reliable internet connection.
• Fluent English in oral conversation and writing.
• Pays attention to details.
• Loves working and being productive. Passionate about creating great things.
• Follows directions.
• Coachable. Can handle constructive criticism. Listens to and implements advice.
• Resourceful. Goes over, under, around and through obstacles to achieve success.
• Doesn't cut corners in ways that harm the user experience. Writes clean code that another programmer can easily understand and build on.
• Near the beginning of your response, include the word "I am real". That is our code phrase to filter out people who didn't read the whole job post and don't follow instructions.
• We believe in giving bonuses for great work, or "thinking out of the box", or going the extra mile.
• We seek the Best Value Proposition. The lower the rate you offer, the more bonus points you'll get during the evaluation of your application. We're not into haggling. If your rate is higher than comparable competitors, we'll move on. So give your best bid.
• We are always on the lookout for passionate, intelligent, and driven people to help us build a better company, serve more customers, and produce more “magic.” If hired, you'll have the right to refer friends to the company as we seek to fill positions.
• Can you work this shift? It includes two 1 hour breaks. In New York time, Monday-Friday: 12am-10am. Have you worked with PHP CodeIgniter? How many apps have you developed where you were the lead PHP developer – that is, where if any advanced PHP needed to be done on the app, you were the one people turned to for accomplishing the PHP work? Is it 1-2, 3-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-15, 16-20, or 21+?
• What programming languages are you expert in and for how many years have you used each? Approximately what is the most amount of API integrations that you've done on a single web app?
• List your favorite books that you've read on productivity, self-development, or leadership. In our interview, we'll ask you about one of the books.
• When can you start full time? And how many hours per week can you work during the next 4 weeks?
• Is there a past project or job that you've had which is most like this one and why?