Tasks and Responsibilities
· Supervise team of HSE officers / supervisors / operations staff.
· Provide training and induction/awareness courses on HSE and related areas.
· Interface with trades, vendors, contractors as required, to ensure a good relationship & communications on HSE matters.
· Setup and review HSE SOPs, process and documentation.
· Lead HSE initiatives and communication/coordination groups to share HSE learning and ensure consistent standards and application.
· Resolve HSE issues at site, recording issues for future learning/trends, and raise major issues for greater awareness and resolution at higher levels if required.
· HSE reporting and participation/leading investigations of accidents/incidents.
· Assist in coordinating with Management, Owners, Contractors, and local and middle east government authorities on all HSE matters.
· Undertake and lead incident investigations and to ensure investigation is closed in time.
· Updating on the current HSE trend and best practices and implement on site.
· Performing as Environment Control Officer (ECO) Noise control / monitoring officer as required by the Authority (Middle East).
· Updating and ensuring that all safety procedures are up to date and conforms to Singapore, Middle East, and International Standards.
· Assist in the implementation, review and improving the Safety Management System, OHSAS 45001 and ISO 14001 systems in new setup in Middle East.
· Conducting and Managing Internal Audits (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and closeout as per the schedule).
· Liaise and work with Singapore HSE team for HSE system setup in Middle East.
· Any other duties assigned by the HSE Manager / MRO Head.
· 4-5 years of relevant experience in Marine industry, preferred Shipyard.
· Possess strong leadership & interpersonal skill and able to work under pressure.
· Good knowledge of Workplace Safety & Health Act & Subsidiary legislations.
· Knowledge of OHSAS 45001, ISO 14001 & SMS Audit system implementation.
· Knowledge on auditing skill.
· Knowledge on report writing & incident investigation & analytical skills.
· Knowledge on management skill.
· Computer literate & good presentation skill.
· Knowledge on fire-fighting engineering.
Comp & Ben Information
Job Title : HSE Engineer
Basic Salary : SGD$4,000 - SGD$6,000
Allowance : SGD$2,000 (Housing), SGD$1,000 (Transport)
Work Location : Jubail, Saudi Arabia
AWS : NA
Performance Bonus : NA
Annual Leave : 30 days
Medical : Fully Provided
Other Benefits : Yearly flight ticket back to home country