Task and Responsibilities
· Read and understand technical specifications, prepare job-list, work schedule, plan material take off and manpower planning of yard men and contractor for each given jobs. Report department head and update any special materials for specific project. (if require more lead time or needs to purchase from overseas)
· Advance planning man and materials, including all facilities.
· Generate, Control and monitor department budgets.
· Order the material required as per material take off and co-ordinate with purchase department for timely delivery of the materials.
· Cooperate with project manager on appropriate procedures and schedule to complete the job.
· Ensure safety, discipline and welfare for all subordinates.
· Carry out trade work as per specifications and to the satisfaction of the owner/class & timely completion. Ensure good quality work as per work instructions. Ensure all trade work mark-up drawings to be made and approved by owner’s representative.
· Maintain good housekeeping and Safety at all times on board vessel & workshop. Ensure all workers follow safe work procedures at all times.
· Responsible for minimum wastage of materials and balance material to be accounted and returned to store at the end of the project.
· Prepare, setup and review department documents (RA, SOP, Internal & External auditing, OR) with supervisor and manager.
· Lead group of supervisors, fitters and sub-contractors.
· Ensuring optimum work processes and equipment utilization.
· Understand all jobs given supervise and give detail instructions to subordinates and contractors report to department engineer or department head.
· Ensure all work completion reports will be done by Ship in-charge, verify & submit to owner Rep to get sign before handing over to commercial department on time. (before vessel delivery)
· Monitoring vessel daily job deployment report to achieve target on time.
· Perform other related jobs as assigned by DH.
· Ensure Permit to work system is followed strictly.
· In charge of the setup of mechanical SOPs in new worksite in Middle East base on existing Yard system process in Singapore.
· Independent candidate capable of carrying out self-troubleshooting on onboard mechanical faults in Engine Room.
· Work with Middle East machining vendors and workshop for machining works during start-up.
· Identify parts and components needed for repairs or replacement and to liaise with regional vendors for replacement of critical spares for vessels.
· More than 5 years of relevant experience
· Able to read and interpret Technical Drawings, plan tools/ equipment/ material takes off, prepare project schedule and input manpower loading.
· Good computer leadership and communication skills.
· Able to read and understand ship structural / mechanical drawings.
· Able to plan and co-ordinate ship building / ship repair work with safety, quality and as per schedule.
· Able to manage fellow marine mechanics and work with ship crew such as Chief Engineers and Engineers.
· Understanding ship’s structure and deep knowledge in maintenance repair and overhaul of OSVs and feeder vessels marine machineries such as Main & Aux. Engine, Pumps, Valves, Heat Exchangers, Azimuth & Bow Thrusters, DP2 System.
· Understanding workshop machining requirement and setup needed for a holistic machine shop from shipyard perspective.
· Experience in working on offshore fabrication projects, new building and repair vessels inclusive of material take off and project management.
· Able to motivate coach, guide subordinates.
· Able to identify problems and take corrective actions which can delay the project schedule.
· Familiar with shipyard safety rules and class regulation and MOM requirements.
Comp & Ben Information
Job Title : Senior Engineer (Mechanical)
Basic Salary : SGD$4,000 – SGD$6,000
Allowance : SGD$2,000 (Housing), SGD$1,000 (Transport)
Work Location : Jubail, Saudi Arabia
AWS : NA
Performance Bonus : NA
Annual Leave : 30 Days
Medical : Fully Provided
Other Benefits : Yearly flight ticket back to home country