Directs the total operation of the CLCL to maintain established cost and quality standards, attain projected revenue and profit levels, achieve guest satisfaction goals and ensure maintenance and security of the CLCL physical assets. Develops/updates the laundry business plan. Administers company policies and local business trends. Reviews the operation of the Human Resources system to ensure that a work climate is maintained that is consistent with the company’s Mission Statement.
Responsible for running laundry departments day to day operations and also to deliver an excellent Guest experience while managing stock ordering and supplier and customer relationships.
Additional responsibilities include, up keeping training, performance evaluations, scheduling and supervising the personnel within the department.
Laundry Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the business levels where to attain the maximum utlisation of the laundry
- Developing and putting into operation the current system and technical advancement in the field of Laundry operations.
- Formulating washing formula for stained loads.
- Ensuring the washing of linen and uniform as per standard.
- Oversees the Engineering Department about their routine maintenance of the equipment.
- In co-ordination with the Engineering department prepare and ensure the implementation of schedule preventive maintenance of all the equipment and machines.
- Preparing Annual Laundry Budget.
- Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Overall controlling and supervision of the Department.
- Training and coordination with supporting Departments.
- Record and monitor laundry cost.
- Make reports and recommendations when required.
- Make sure that transport department have updated delivery schedule according to customer requirements.
- Direct all Laundry staff.
- Approve the Laundry staff duty roster.
- Organizing training for the staff.
- Direct and follow up the complete recruitment process according to company standards
- Responsible to conduct regular trainings within the department.
- Handle all customer complaints and make sure that processes are in placed to rectify any operational issue led to the complaint.
- Should report all incidents minor or major to the line manager
- Responsible to oversees and submit all month end report including but not limited to P&L, Operational report, customer complaint etc..
- Responsible to ensure that the staff morale stays upbeat.
- Responsible for the staff accommodation standards and living conditions are excellent.
- To ensure the uniform room inspects all uniforms daily for replacement and damage.
- Provide other duties and services as assigned by the Executive housekeeper.
· Conduct weekly departmental meetings with supervisors