Under the general guidance and supervision of the Executive Chef, and within the limits of established
EHC policies, procedures and service performance and product standards, oversees and directs all
aspects of the operations the kitchen
Day to Day Duties
Controls the functions of all the employees of all the sections, including reporting on duty,
absenteeism, late arrival, overtime, off days and public holidays in order to ensure a maximum
productivity during their duty.
2. Ensures that every kitchen employee applies personal grooming & hygiene regulations as well as
dresses with a complete uniform according to the kitchen dress code standard.
3. Ensures a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen and makes sure that it is kept in a hygienic and
organized manner, fit for food preparation.
4. Ensures that fridge, cupboards and working tables are kept clean at all times.
5. Ensures the kitchen equipment, i.e. machines, fridge, freezer and small equipment are used
correctly and kept in clean condition and reports defects promptly.
6. Controls regularly that no food is wasted, food storage is according to the standards and ingredients
are used correctly in order to keep the food cost down.
7. Checks a la carte mise en place, function sheets, buffet set up, Theme Nights and outside catering
in order to make sure that everything is ready on time and set according to the established
8. Assumes the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his absence.
9. Supervises controls and checks the overall kitchen operation and makes sure that everything is
according to the established standards.
10. Participates in kitchen training and other hotel related training programmes.
11. Ensures that the kitchen staff participates in any organised training.
12. Ensures that non-kitchen staff is not allowed in the kitchen.
13. Ensures that no food is given out without proper documentation or to unauthorised persons and
reports immediately any irregularities to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous-Chef.
14. Controls, checks and supervises the receiving area.
15. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
Completion of recognized course in kitchen management.
At least 7 years experience in similar position gained in international hotel chain
Personality appearance: pleasant and neat.
Age : 25-50 years
Sex : Male
Education : Diploma or High level Certificate –
Language Required : English essential,
Elaf hotels management expertise and international standard of services and facilities, together with its unrivalled knowledge of market conditions throughout the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Middle East has made Elaf hotels company the first hotels company to be awarded the ISO 9001 in the Middle ...
Elaf hotels management expertise and international standard of services and facilities, together with its unrivalled knowledge of market conditions throughout the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Middle East has made Elaf hotels company the first hotels company to be awarded the ISO 9001 in the Middle ...قراءة المزيد