The Lead Mechanical Engineer reports to the Project Engineering Manager on their assigned project and to the Chief Mechanical Engineer functionally. They are responsible for all mechanical engineering activities on project which includes rotating equipment, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, fired equipment, packaged equipment, mechanical handling equipment and HVAC. Project activities include conceptual studies, FEED, detailed engineering, testing and inspection through to site support.
- Must be able to undertake the following activities and lead others undertaking these activities.
- Analyse the requirements of a system and make recommendations for the selection and design of the equipment.
- Develop specifications and issue Material Requisitions for equipment.
- Technical bid evaluation and selection of suppliers.
- Developing the Mechanical Engineering input to EPC Estimates.
- Post award management of suppliers including document review, liaison with design groups and inspection and testing support.
- Complete site surveys for existing equipment and undertake assessment of existing equipment for re-vamp and debottlenecking.
- Lead project issues and needs relating to the discipline, develop strong client/vendor relationships and able to mentor junior members of the group.
- Planning, reporting and change control, - must be able to plan and control mechanical group activities through to successful project completion.
- Development of team members through formal appraisal process, on-project training and mentoring.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team in a project environment
- Broad knowledge of all mechanical commodities
- Thorough knowledge of design codes and industry standards for specific area of expertise
- Good knowledge of other disciplines needs and deliverables as related to mechanical engineering.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or appropriate qualification and experience
- Chartered Engineer status or actively working towards it
- Previous supervisory experience
Danegreen Construction Limited is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
At Danegreen Construction Limited, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Danegreen Construction Limited cares about your privacy. Danegreen Construction Limited and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of Danegreen Construction Limited are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.