ENGIE is global leading energy company that develops its businesses – Power, Natural Gas, Energy Services – around a model based on responsible growth to take on the challenges of the transition to a low-carbon economy: security of supply, the rational use of resources, access to sustainable energy and climate change. The Group provides governments, communities, cities and businesses with efficient and innovative solutions based on its expertise in four key sectors: independent power development, renewable energy, liquefied natural gas and energy efficiency services. ENGIE employs 153,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of EUR 63 billion in 2016.
ENGIE’s Business Unit for the Middle-East, South & Central Asia and Turkey (MESCAT,) headquartered in Dubai, has activities in large-scale power generation and water desalination, gas retail & distribution, LNG and energy services for B2B customers. Leveraging on its strong positions, the BU is developing its presence in renewable energies, in the gas value chain and in energy efficiency services.
The IT Engineer will report to the Finance and Admin Manager.
The IT Engineer will be responsible for supporting the IT Manager for the overall control of the IT infrastructure of the Power Station in addition to system security and management. The position holder shall analyze and direct all IT related activities of the organization to ensure continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
Salary for Saudi Nationals: SAR 23,415
Bonus: 30% max on basic salary
Salary for Expats: SAR 17,075
Bonus: 15% max on basic salary
Other benefits as well.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensures a safe working environment for himself, his colleagues and contractors while working on any equipment
- Points out any unsafe conditions or unsafe act to the Health & Safety Advisor.
- Contributes to the achievement of safety and environmental objectives by providing leadership in the areas of safe working practices and housekeeping.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Familiarity with all aspects of data processing and information systems and interrelations.
- Communicates effectively with users of Information Systems services.
- Ensure availability of IT infrastructure at all time.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with the laws prevalent in Saudi.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
Policies & Procedures
- Compliance with the departmental policies & procedures to ensure that jobs are carried out in a safe, controlled and consistent manner.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Identification and presentation of hardware and software to ensure that computer capabilities are responsive to the needs of corporate growth and changing corporate objectives.
- Maintain with representatives of firms providing data processing hardware, software and support services.
- Analyzes the needs of the Company and provide technological support from time to time.
- Ensures system integrity assists in the installation of technological upgrades.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and objective of the Company.
- Recognizes Company’s Technological inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Administers corporate-wide E-mail systems.
- Reviews and coordinates software license and copyright agreements, updates revisions and service maintenance arrangements.
- Maintenance and protection of the Company’s IT Assets.
- Ensure timely and correct backup/recovery is carried as per IT procedure.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned.
- Ability to work well with others towards the achievement of specific objectives and the ability to organize and plan.
- Capture, monitor and analyse computer usage data, recommend and implement policies, software and hardware to provide maximum resource utilization in a cost-efficient manner.
- Identification and presentation of hardware and software to ensure that computer capabilities are optimally utilized and are responsive to the needs of corporate growth and changing corporate objectives.
Reporting and Planning
- Discussed planned and unplanned jobs undertaken with the Finance and Admin Manager and where applicable with the Maintenance Manager in relation to SAP and interfaces to DCS.
- To meet with the monthly management reporting requirements.
People Development and Management
- Set objectives in line with the departmental targets for self and subordinates, perform its periodical reviews and provide assistance to individuals in achieving the set targets.
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare, manage and monitor the IT budget in line with the overall company budget.
- Managing actual over Head with a forecasted budget to ensure a more effective IT
- Knowledge and understanding of the plant IT systems, including networks, operating systems, application software systems, databases and network management tools.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest technologies associated with Information Technology to ensure periodic review of the system.
- Remain updated and have a full understanding of IT security issues.
- Knowledge of the ongoing changes in the IT field and the ability to take advantage of such to the benefit of business.
- Good project management techniques.
- Designing and implementing IT procedures.
- Managing the management database system.
- Managing and maintaining network security.
- Taking maximum advantage of upgrade opportunities to the benefit of the business.
- Ability to analyse information related to computer technology to assist in directing company management in the selection of software and hardware to meet the needs of the organization.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Using sound judgement and common sense.
- Enthusiastic towards the achievement of sectional, departmental and company objectives.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Empowerment of people.
- Organizing and planning.
- Good Communications Skills.
- Ability to use energy and enthusiasm to generate results.
- Ability to achieve objectives to time and budget.
- Good understanding of integrating multicultural staff into one team.
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet datelines.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Integrity and friendly approachability.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Previous employment will have provided a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a similar level within an industrial environment, preferably at a Power Station.
- Qualification & Technical Skills - Essential/Desirable
- An accredited degree in Bachelors of Computer Science or Information Technology. - Essential
- Understanding of Firewall, Switches and Routers. - Essential
- Administering Windows Server 2016/2012 and Administration of Exchange 2016/2013. - Essential
- Understanding of End-Point Security, Web Security, Email Security and Network Security. - Essential
- • Experience with Asset Management System, Safety Management System of ERP (SAP, Maximo or its equivalent). - Essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of the information systems technology subjects and extensive knowledge of hardware and software, with the ability to keep abreast of new technologies. - Essential
- Certification -CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ or equivalent. - Desirable
- Understanding of Office 365 environments and technologies including generic O365 aspects with knowledge of key products such as Exchange, Skype, Office and Onedrive. Understanding of SAP ERP. - Desirable
- Administration and Development of SharePoint 2016. - Desirable
- Understanding Ip pbx functions. - Desirable
- LMV driving license. - Desirable
- MS Office package 2013/2016 - Desirable