ENGIE is global leading energy company that develops its businesses – Power, Natural Gas, Energy Services – around a model based on responsible growth to take on the challenges of the transition to a low-carbon economy: security of supply, the rational use of resources, access to sustainable energy and climate change. The Group provides governments, communities, cities and businesses with efficient and innovative solutions based on its expertise in four key sectors: independent power development, renewable energy, liquefied natural gas and energy efficiency services. ENGIE employs 153,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of EUR 63 billion in 2016.
ENGIE’s Business Unit for the Middle-East, South & Central Asia and Turkey (MESCAT,) headquartered in Dubai, has activities in large scale power generation and water desalination, gas retail & distribution, LNG and energy services for B2B customers. Leveraging on its strong positions, the BU is developing its presence in renewable energies, in the gas value chain and in energy efficiency services.
The Field Operator will report to the Control Room Operator.
The Field Operator will be responsible for local plant operation of the plant to ensure it meets the required availability, reliability, efficiency, generation and cost targets, safely and within strict environmental limits. This will include regular equipment start-ups, shutdowns, changeovers and regular operation/monitoring, as well as responding to alarms and emergency conditions. The role requires a detailed understanding and practical experience of the technologies associated with operating a modern Combined Cycle Gas Turbine plant, Desalination plant and a wide range of auxiliary equipment.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Perform all operational activities in line with the safety management system and environmental management systems.
- Responsible to perform the duties as Designated Person and other duties in line with the implementation of safety rules.
- Provide monitoring for the ongoing maintenance jobs in assigned areas.
- Reporting of unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviours.
- Perform any tasks which may be assigned in the occurrence of an emergency under the Plant Emergency Response Procedure.
- Conducts routine plant checks i.e. plant roundups and completion of log sheets.
- Perform operational actions under direction from the Control Room Operator (i.e. valve operation, switching on/off pumps or resetting the local alarms etc) to avoid any abnormal plant operations or to correct existing abnormalities.
- Perform the duties of stand-in Control Room Operator whenever necessary.
- Prepares plant for start-ups in accordance with operations procedure.
- Performs plant shut down and extended shut down preservation of plant routines in accordance with operations procedure.
- Perform manual intervention actions during trip conditions and maintains close supervision to ensure safe run down of plant.
- Practical application of safety rules performing safe plant isolations from the system to allow routine maintenance activities. De-isolates and restores plant equipment safely to the system.
- Perform routine maintenance activity on the plant such as lube oil top-up in the absence of maintenance personnel.
- Support CRE during emergency situations.
- Carry out the sample analysis of the plant process steam water cycle in cases where Chemist is not on-site and on Demin water, distillate, potable water and other samples
- Monitors and evaluates performance of various plant systems and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping of the plant.
- Initiates routine operational activities.
- Perform lube oil top up as required on plant equipment.
- Perform routine site inspections on a routine basis to regular update plant equipment status.
- Carry out dewatering routine in specified areas of the plant as required.
- Raising Work Orders Regarding Defects and Abnormal Conditions.
- Raise service request in CMMS (SAP) system for defects coordinates with the Shift Team Leader for approval.
- Assistance to maintenance personnel to pinpoint equipment defects when necessary.
- Confirm the performance of the equipment after attending the defects.
Management of Plant Chemicals
- Responsible for changing over of chemical tanks.
- Responsible for ensuring that sufficient chemical tank levels are available for plant operations.
Maintaining Water Quality
- To ensure the export quality of potable water to meet with the WHO guidelines and potable water quality standards set in PPA / SWPA.
Policies & Procedures
- Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Health, Safety and Environment Management procedures
- Understanding of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management systems and safety rules
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of Operating Instructions and Procedures relating to the duties of a Field Engineer
- Demonstrate a practical understanding associated to the working principle of Gas Turbine, Steam turbine, HRSG, Air Cooled Condensers and a wide range of BOP / auxiliary plant.
- Ability to demonstrate safe and efficient local operation of the plant systems
- Ability to monitor the performance of the plant locally within a varying range of load conditions
- Start-up and shutdown of the plant to current operating procedures
- Monitoring and Inspection of the plant as per Operating Instruction’s
- Diagnosis of plant faults and ability to record defects using SAP.
- Awareness of the need for efficient operation of the plant to deliver high levels of commercial availability within environmental limits.
- Effective liaison with the Control Room Operator over plant operational issues.
- Ability to, and assist others to make decisions to resolve plant operational problems.
- Ability to conduct safe local plant isolations from the system.
- Ability to provide support to incidents in a range of situations.
- Conduct routine operating and maintenance activities such as oil change, filter cleaning etc.
- Communication and cooperation between the Maintenance and Operation teams.
- Working as part of a self-managed shift team.
- Commercial awareness of PPA / SWPA and O&M.
- Good command of the English language.
- Good understanding of cultural differences that exist and ability to manage.
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to be able to think clearly and respond calmly in emergency situations
- Ability to maintain high levels of focused drive and energy, setting personally challenging goals.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To work with integrity and a friendly approach.
- Able to protect company confidentiality
Essential Educational Qualifications:
- An engineering related education to diploma level.
Desirable Qualifications and experience:
- Having knowledge and exposure to modern process operations.
- At least 3 - 5 years relevant experience in combined cycle power plant
- First –Aid
Job Level: Without management
Employee Status: Regular
Primary Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ﷼7,000.00 to ﷼12,000.00 /month