Life is not a bed of roses. Many times, we are faced with not only harsh situations but also with annoying and teasing people who make life even harder to bear. And if you have to deal with a teasing boss, annoying and irritating manager on daily basis, life could be a living hell.
Difference between a Tough and Teasing Manager
It is important to keep in mind that if your manager is a tough boss, i.e. he expects you to work to a certain standard and is particular about deadlines, then he is not a teasing manager, he is just doing his job. On the other hand, if your manager is incorporative, deceitful and manipulative, then he could rightly be classified as an annoying and teasing manager.
Steps To Deal With Teasing Manager
- An annoying manager would always be on the hunt of targets. If you want to avoid the stress and wrath of such a boss, the best and perfect solution would be to become extremely careful and diligent about every action and step that you take. Familiarize yourself with the general etiquettes and workplace protocol. In this way, you will hardly make a mistake that could become the target of the manager. If your manager still questions you, you would have a sufficient explanation of your steps.
- Follow the rules strictly. Never think of coming in late of leaving early. Meet deadlines and keep others informed about them. In short, do your job well. You will be in safe field.
- Don’t become arrogant in front of the manager. Demonstrate your skill and expertise in a humble way. Once, the boss gets the idea that you know what you do; he will hardly bug you with petty issues.
- Learn to maintain composure in the presence of a teasing manager. An intimidated and nervous employee certainly becomes an easier target and ends up becoming the mental punching bag of the annoying boss.
- Maintain your self esteem and know that these are not personal attacks against you. Teasing managers just want to prove that they are doing the right thing all the time and they have a hawk eye on everyone in the workplace.
These tips could ease your situation but if the workplace becomes increasingly unbearable and you feel like living in hell, it is advisable to consider new employment opportunities and move out as soon as you get a suitable one. After all, if is vital to have peace of mind.
Mihnati.com is a leading Jobs portal in Saudi Arabia. To apply all latest jobs join Mihnati.com now.