The Energy Auditor will conduct building energy assessments to identify energy efficiency improvement opportunities, complete list of recommendation for energy conservation measures and produce technical reports in compliance with ASHRAE.
• Plan and schedule projects and audit methodology and procedures.
•Conduct energy audits (all three energy audit levels) in conformance with recognized industry standards preferably ASHRAE.
• Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price for relevant instruments.
• Prepare schematic design documents and specifications including technical scopes of work.
• Assist in identifying energy efficiency projects, their estimated cost, estimated energy savings, and estimated return on investment for clients.
• Survey mechanical, energy management systems, electrical systems, lighting, water and building of sites.
• Inspect and analyze building structures, heating systems, ventilation, air conditioning, water, and industrial processes to ensure energy use is optimal.
• Assess process equipment and machinery for energy consumption
• Use testing equipment to locate air leaks to identify energy conservation potentials.
• Analyze energy consumption for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial customers.
• Educate users on energy-use habits and potentials for consumption and cost reduction.
• Analyze audit documentation and data and prepare a report of audit findings.
• Present audit findings to clients
• Make recommendations for, coordinate, and participate in implementation of retrofit measures and energy efficiency upgrades.
• Provides technical guidance to contractors on addressing energy efficiency measures.
• Stays current on latest program initiatives, policies, procedures, etc. and proposing ideas for improvement.
• Develops advanced technical knowledge in energy efficiency and building science.