The Asset Management Analyst is responsible for monitoring the financial performance of Hotel Operators and providing support to the Asset Manager in managing and monitoring the financial and operational performance of the Hotel Operators.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform accurate and timely review of the submitted operational reports of Hotel Operators, and perform the required analysis to the operating results, while liaising with the Hotel Operators for inquiries and clarifications.
- Study the operational reports submitted by the hotel operators, consolidate them and prepare input notes on any critical areas for the consideration of the Asset Manager. Provide both the reports and input notes to the Asset Manager.
- Conduct the required audits and inspections to the operated Hotels and arrange meetings with hotels’ management, to verify the status of operations against the submitted reports.
- Work with Hotels General Managers for identifying and implementing initiatives for the purpose of saving costs, increasing revenues and enhancing customer experience.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel Management Agreement (HMA) controls by Hotel Operators, and outline any breaches to the agreement to take the required actions.
- Provide the required pre-opening support and follow-up for newly operated hotels, to ensure the proper initiation of the hotels’ operations.
- Assist the Asset Manager in contributing to the Negotiation of Hotel Management Agreement (HMA) from operational perspective during the contract preparation phase.
- Analyze and respond to capital and operational expenditure (capex & opex) requests, to ensure that the requests address the current needs of the hotels and that no over-estimations are made.
- Review and analyze the submitted budgets by Hotel Operators and provide input to management, in order to challenge and debate the budgets and underlying assumptions.
- Review and benchmark the trading performance parameters relevant to Hotel operations (i.e. ADR, RevPAR, Occupancy, etc.).
- Provide the required support to the Asset Manager to maintain the asset registers of operated Hotels.
- Coordinate with the Owner Representative to provide the Asset Manager with the required input for monitoring the financial performance of Operators.
- Provide follow up input on the implementation of any planned strategic initiatives as required by the Asset Manager.
- Conduct ad-hoc research studies as instructed by the Asset Manager; whether related to the review of operated hotels or any other related topics of interest.
- Contribute in any other work required by the interest of work