All applicants MUST be MUSLIM by religion as the Vacancy is in Madina, Saudi Arabia. Applicants currently working in Saudi Arabia with a trasnferrable Iqama and a valid SCFHS Registration card will be preferred.
Depending on your area of work, you may need to:
- speak to patients to get detailed case histories from them;
- examine patients' eyes to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects;
- be aware of signs and symptoms of general health conditions (e.g. diabetes);
- fit spectacles or contact lenses;
- offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters;
- offer help and advice to patients when choosing frames and lenses;
- write referral letters to doctors;
- liaise with other medical practitioners and sometimes share the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions;
- meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
In addition, you may have to:
- manage and train staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff;
- manage the retail aspects of spectacles, contact lenses and other vision care products;
- administer, organise and plan the development of the practice;
- liaise with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers