1) Develops design for garment, adapts existing design for garment, or copies existing design for garment.
2) Alters garment and joins parts, using needle and thread or sewing machine, to form finished garment.
3) Draws individual pattern or alters existing pattern to fit customer's measurements.
4) Sews buttons and buttonholes to finish garment.
5) Presses garment, using hand iron or pressing machine.
6) Confers with customer to determine type of material and garment style desired.
7) Positions pattern of garment parts on fabric, and cuts fabric along outlines, using scissors
.8) Measures customer for size, using tape measure and records measurements.