We are seeking a Robotic Scientist with a strong educational background in robotic system design for the industrial Robotics and Medical Systems Program at RPDC. You will join a team of high-performance individuals to help lead the designs of a new generation of robotic systems, including dexterous hands, high performance arms, bipedal walking systems, and robotic surgical systems. These systems will leverage novel technologies and innovation created within the robotics industries. We are looking for demonstrated capability to innovate, lead new developments and turn ideas into functional systems. The candidate will have a passion to break new ground with a background of developing practical solutions for new technologies or products and enjoys the challenge and experience of creating truly unique systems.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Development, implementation and testing of novel hardware to improve performance and enable new capabilities in manipulation and locomotion
• Plan and lead project tasks, and coordinate activities of other researchers supporting the task
• Contribute and guide decisions, design and architecture of robotic systems by understanding trade-offs between mechanical, electrical and control software functions
• Analysis and modeling of robotic systems
• Development, implementation and testing of System of Systems of multi-arms coordination and collaborative control, obstacles detection and avoidance, redundancy resolution, virtual, constructive and hardware in the loop simulation, automated method for close loop calibration and control, and design specifications and requirements analysis .
• Development of software that enables algorithm evaluation
• Work directly with robotics test engineer to review documentation, experiment results and analysis.
• Assist with other cross-functional projects depending on need and skillset.
• Ph.D. in controls related field (e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, robotics etc.)
• A solid grasp of design for low volume manufacture, dimensioning and tolerance specification, material and component selection (bearings, motors, transmissions, etc.) is required.
• 5+ years’ experience in the Robotics R&D Domain
• Demonstrated academic experience developing and implementing control algorithms
• Hands on experience and familiarity with robotic systems
• Experience modeling complex electromechanical systems is SolidWorks
RPDC Job Description Form .
• Experience with C++/Matlab/Simulink/ROS/Python
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiar with modern prototyping technologies i.e. CNC machining and 3-D printing.
• Experience with dynamics simulation libraries such as Bullet, ODE…
• Experience with TCP/IP based network programming.
• Experience with developing software in a regulated environment, industrial and Medical device preferred.
• Experience with Ethercat real time communication fieldbus for automation
• Experience with computer vision, computer graphics and image processing.
• Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D rendering.
• Experience with GUI development under QT.
• Experience developing software under Linux OS.
The Saudi Technology Development and Investment Company (TAQNIA) was established in June 2011 by Royal Decree to localize technology in Saudi Arabia and commercialize outputs of R&D centers. TAQNIA invests in technology that contributes towards Saudi Arabia's economic diversification. TAQNIA is ...Read More