Responsibilities and Duties :
• Design and engineering of custom handling equipment for Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU), in particular Lifting Appliances, including but not limited to:
o Multipurpose carriers (BOP, Xmas…).
o Multipurpose overhead cranes.
o Jib cranes.
o Existing structure calculation / reinforcements.
• Prepare conceptual and detailed studies of the kinematics and electric / hydraulic systems for mechanical systems responsible for equipment motion and power transmission (motor sizing, etc).
• Lead the mechanical design and coordinate the integration of mechanical systems (motion, power and associated electric / hydraulic systems) with other disciplines such as automation / rig interface, structural and piping project team(s).
• Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches and specifications.
• Provide input to feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications.
• Carry out surveys and prepare detailed reports (usually with Project team members).
• Liaise with Clients, Class Authorities, Contractors if needed.
• Prepare Studies, Design Criteria, and Quantity Estimates.
• Contribute to preparation of proposals and man-hour estimates (for engineering studies).
• Develop and promote Engineering Safety in Design initiatives.
• Coordinate all requirements for the related project with other disciplines.